Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, August 22, 2008

Info Post
I'm hungry...

It's no great secret that I'm a huge fan of cupcakes - sweetness + carbs and I'm there. Recently I've become a huge fan of Red Velvet cupcakes.

Photo Credit - Chockylit at the Cupcake Bakeshop

The best recipe in the world is here (in my opinion, anyway). It's hard for me to imagine life without them but I only discovered them when Ashley Olsen said that they were her favourite type of cupcake in an interview. So I wonder are there any other delicious cupcake recipes out there that I am not aware of? Please share! (my family are getting sick of the cream cheese icing..)

Speaking of Ashley Olsen (both Olsens in fact), they've seemed to be getting a lot less press of late. Which is certainly good for them (privacy-wise) but I still feel like I'm missing out a little bit.. And personally, these outfits are a) something I'd see in my local shopping centre and b) kind of boring.

Is anyone else a little bit over the dirty grunge thing... It just seems a tiny bit formulaic to me.

These pictures have nothing on vintage Olsen... I must credit these girls with some of my interest in vintage. The seeds were planted a long time ago but the whole 'New York Minute' era, educated me that thrift stores does not just equal dodgy denim. I mean Ashley came up with some vintage gold!

These outfits inspire me to this day. If I could somehow merge them together, I think I might just explode with clashy/patterny delight.



Now to the lace shirt/coat thing! Thanks so much for all of your ideas, I feel overwhelmed and also like I have so many options. I'm going to try the styling ideas first, then move the tie and if all else fails I'll attempt to dye it black (even though it failed quite miserably last time). I also found this picture of the delicious Alexa Chung who worked something quite similar back with a little black dress. Maybe all I need to do is cut my hair....

0 comments:

Post a Comment