Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Info Post

I do love me some colors and patterns. Above, a stack of my mismatched vintage dessert plates. The top one is an old Saks Fifth Avenue design, found for 50 cents at the South Dakota Ave. Goodwill.

Just below, the wallpaper at my favorite dive-y boardwalk burger joint. I think it's been there since the place first opened decades ago. I'm at the beach house for the rest of the week, and am planning on indulging in said burger later today.

At the very bottom, the table setting from a little dinner party we threw a couple of weeks ago. I'm useless in the kitchen, so I always appoint myself to the decorating committee. Much more fun!



And also!

+DC fashion news and stuff on Lucky.com.

+Last week's Project Runway recap. Next one will be up sometime tomorrow morning!

+And finally, my recent interview with Barney's creative director Simon Doonan. I was so nervous to meet him – he's such an icon! I own almost all his books! and they are amazing and hilarious! -- but he was just incredibly pleasant and lots of fun. We sat for nearly an hour before his Corcoran talk and he spoke super-candidly (as you will see) about lots of interesting fashiony things. It was great inspiration to work to steer clear of ubiquitous trends and forge my own fashion path.

+The sun is peeking out. Off to the beach!

0 comments:

Post a Comment