Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, August 9, 2008

Info Post
So I was quite enamoured of the scarf/neckpiece featured in this picture over at Dropstitch.

So here it is. It was surprisingly easy once I got my head around it! I made mine in a stretch fabric but I'm sure that it would work fairly well in a non-stretch fabric also.

(with my new Target dress - honestly my polka dot addiction is out of control)

The pattern! This is fairly dodgy looking because I quickly did it up in paint. Basically the main pieces are - two long pieces (approx 80cm) which form the main neck tie and several smaller rectangular length which form the frills.
Once you've made the tie (sewed the long pieces together, turned it inside out) you attached the rectangular pieces to an area which is about the circumference of your neck. The rectangular pieces should be hemmed and either pleated or gathered to give a suitably full look. I used separate pieces rather than a whole length because otherwise it will stand out funny at the shoulders and look more like a ruff.

If I haven't explained anything well enough (probable) or you need extra help, please just ask and I'll do my best!

Now for the stripes - this adorable lady who I found over on Elle Street Style.
I'm pretty much in love with this skirt.

I'll be away from Tuesday to Thursday (for work) so posting may be a little bit sketchy unless I convince my lovely boyfriend to post for me. Which I'm sure he will (if he remembers...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment