Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, August 23, 2008

Info Post
I often dream of running away and starting everything over again... Like Penny Lane, I dream of being a completely different person.

I think it's because when you are surrounded by people who have known you for such a long time it feels really difficult to make even the smallest change. It feels difficult because you feel as though you are weighed down by others expectations and that means that you don't/can't try new things or be 'true' to yourself (whatever that means).

Sometimes I have this feeling about clothing as well. Why am I attracted to certain styles and why do I keep returning to them... At the moment, I feel as though I'm stuck in a bit of a stylistic rut (perhaps its the weather). I'm sick of my favourite pieces and I'm longing for different, new things. But when I try them on, they just feel wrong. Like I'm trying to be someone I'm not. I guess style is more of subtle shift and I shouldn't force it.



I wrote two lists today - things I love and things that I struggle to make work. I'm planning on challenging myself by hopefully inserting a few of the second list into my current wardrobe and seeing what happens. It can't hurt, can it..?


Somersaults in public places, never gets old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment