Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Info Post
Changes in seasons are, in my opinion, what makes Montrealers stay in one place. There comes a time every year when everyone contemplates moving somewhere warm and sunny, but come the shift change between winter & spring, spring & summer, summer & autumn, and autumn & winter, everyone is reminded why they love this place so much.
A few months ago the warm shift in weather had me dreaming of sundresses, swimming pools and sand. Now, the crisp morning air has got visions of candy apples, country walks, morning coffees and scarves & cardigans dancing in my head.
What's more, for the first time in a while I have some pretty big things to look forward to!
The next two months will be refreshingly busy (I say refreshingly because it will be a nice change from the mon-fri rut I've been in for a year) and the best part is that my all-over-the-place schedule will be ending with a trip to Europe with my favorite boy in the world!
I've had plenty of time to imagine this trip and I feel like the cool weather and the romantic atmosphere in Paris will give our exciting vacation a sort of Clark Gable movie feel. The only challenge will be fitting everything I want to bring into the suitcase I'm allowed to have on the plane!

Another exciting change that this seasonal shift has brought about is Stef and my apartment hunt! We've visited a handful of potential new homes so far and one in particular has stood out to us, although our hunt is far from over! The idea of having a fresh palette to decorate and cozy-up in has got both our heads spinning and I've come up with some ideas for my bedroom!
First there are some things I need to slowly start acquiring...

  • some nice wallpaper



  • A mirrored (preferably) room divider





  • Some old hat boxes for storage




  • A vanity of some sort, maybe i'll work on a DIY one...(I used to not like mirrored furniture, it's one of those things that grew on me...)




  • some floor length curtains with a thick, dark under layer and a pretty, sheer top layer




  • A really loud alarm clock (like Mike's which I hate but works like a charm)




  • An embroidered Lola pillow! (gonna have to buy one since a project like that would probably take someone like me years to complete!)




  • a hanging plant (probably fake so it stays alive!)




  • And if I'm feeling particularly Granny-ish when I decorate, I'll try to find a cute little Rocking chair at a flea market somewhere...




Finally, my sister and I bought a crazy old treasure chest/old trunk thing at a garage sale a couple of months back. I might ask her if I can keep it so that I can paint it really pretty colors to match my bedroom and put it at the end of my bed to store blankets and sheets in.



yes, I think change is very exciting, and in this case mostly positive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment