Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, August 21, 2008

Info Post




One of the biggest trends this season is lace. One of the biggest trends this season is lace.Not that that bothers me too much, because I've always had a thing for delicate lace pieces... Prada showed a whole lot of it and it seems to be everywhere - there are lace skirts, shirts and dresses.
My latest (thrift) purchase is this lace jacket which I got at an op shop on my work trip.



Now its gorgeous and I love it, but it is also a really difficult piece to wear. I don't have anything in my ridiculously expansive wardrobe that suits it. Here are my problems -
  1. I thought that I could just throw it over one of my many black dresses and it would look chic. Wrong. It just looks stupid.
  2. Because of the light grey/blue/silvery colour of the lace, it actually looks best against another colour rather than just skin.
  3. That being said, I don't own many shirts that are elbow length.
  4. It definately looks more modern when paired with bright colours but I don't know if I like this.
  5. It looks ridiculous when paired with floral. It's just too much.
  6. I'm also not sure about the tie up the top. Would it be more wearable if I took this off? Should I then change the position of the tie to about waist height?

So please help me with this wardrobe dilemma. Tell how you would wear it, or what sort of thing to be on the look out for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment