Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 31, 2008

Info Post
Challenges, challenges. It was a challenge in itself trying to compile a list of things I suck at. Not because I think I'm fantastic but because I think that we all try to shy away from things we aren't particularly good at. But here it is - items/styles I find challenging -

  1. Neatness (I am consistently dishevelled)
  2. Longer skirts (anything past the knee makes me feel dowdy)
  3. Capri pants (just look stupid on me)
  4. Yellow
  5. Heels (I cannot seem to be able to put myself through the pain)

My plan is to take this list and attack it one by one over the next few months. I'm sure that my conquering my style fears I'll open up new avenues of opportunity and rather than look at your blogs and think "I wish I could wear yellow/heels/have pretty neat hair", instead I'll try it myself.

The flu is still lingering but I'm struggling through it (fighting the good fight). Thanks for your well wishes! Yesterday I even managed to put an outfit together! This is a dress that I bought at the same time as the lace coat (which is still being worked on!). I've been meaning to take it in but with a little bit of ingenuity (and a big belt) I made it wearable....

I love the colours and painterly splashes... So I bought it even though it's not the nicest material (it's funny the concessions that you make regarding fabric if you fall in love with the pattern). It worked a treat to brighten up my day!

In other news, I've made the semi-finals of the Little Black Dress competition. This just means that they liked my initial design and now I have to make it before the runway show on October 16. I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment