Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Info Post
Disclaimer: Explicit Christmas and snow related content!





Although any rational person would tell me to wait until Halloween has come and gone before panicking about Christmas, I just can't seem to avoid freaking out everytime I think about having less than a month to prepare for the event when I get back from Europe!

Gift buying, decorating, outfit planning, agenda filling and Christmas baking are going to fill my days and I'm worrying about how I'm gonna find time to work at all to help pay for all these exciting (and expensive) things!

However the following are things that are so comforting they outweigh all my festive-anxiety!

  • Christmas print sweaters
  • how cute Lola is when she bounds through the snow
  • how good Chai tea tastes in winter
  • the feeling you get when you walk in your front door after trudging through a blizzard to get there!
  • my parent's fireplace!
  • opening your advent calendar every morning!
  • Church Bazaars!
  • roasting marshmallows with stef over our stove in our beautiful kitchen!
  • how pretty things are when they're candle-lit!
  • how quiet it gets when everything is covered in snow
  • fur collars on coats!
  • Wrapping presents while william chases the ribbons I'm curling
  • Coopmas, when Stef, Taylor, Mike and I celebrate Christmas at the coop with a small tree and little gifts and lots of delicious food!
  • how pretty every house looks with Christmas lights on it!
  • kids christmas specials on tv...
For the record, I realize it's way too early to be thinking about these things, but it really is my favourite time of year and I can't help but think of how little time I'll have to prepare for it this year!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment