Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, October 24, 2008

Info Post
After putting down Rebecca Well's Little Altars Everywhere a week or so ago I decided I really wanted to rewatch the movie (Divine Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood). I remembered loving it when it came out in 2002 but, as with a lot of films I loved at 16 years old I knew I ran the risk of finding out it was actually just another cheesy Sandra Bullock guilty pleasure...

Well not only did the movie not disappoint, but it refreshed my memory a little as to just how badly I wanna see the Southern U.S. sometime soon!
I want a porch with a porch swing in a place where it's warm enough to go out in the middle of the night to drink a bloody caesar and gaze out at my long driveway lined with pecan trees if i can't sleep in the middle of the night!
I'd love to celebrate my birthday with a Louisiana style marching band carrying sparklers and put out my birthday cake with a fire extinguisher!
I'd especially love to have the kind of imagination that allows me to make homemade indian headdresses for my kids and build a campfire in our backyard where we have a powwow and sing songs in our nightgowns!

Inspiration wise the movie was also packed. Mainly in the sleepwear department...It is now my goal to eliminate all the boring tee shirts and pyjama pants I own and sleeve every night in a beautiful silk or satin nightgown with one of those robes that ties in a bow at the neck! Curlers and a matching silky headscarf will be the next step.

Today was an absolutely beautiful day and although I was only about 11% as productive as I wanted to be, It felt nice to slowly enjoy breakfast with Mike and a good old chat with Kristina.
My laundry and bubble bath packed Friday night has left me feeling rested and excited to do my last load and hand it in the sun on our clothes line tomorrow morning before meeting my mom at Walmart for some fall and winter necessities....

Have a lovely weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment