Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, September 19, 2008

Info Post
I just got one of those office chain mail things about the importance of female solidarity and "sisterhood" from Mike's mom.
Usually sentimental junk mail kind of makes me, what I like to call "loner-embarassed" - like when you do a stupid dance in the shower or something and you feel your face turn red even though nobody in the world saw you or will ever know you did that- but this time it, for some reason, struck some kind of a chord in me.

Much like some other ladies I know, I've been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster recently (*see Kat Stein's blog) and i suppose at the moment I'm in a bit of a sentimental mood. I just can't stop thinking about how much all the girls in my life mean to me!
I love my boyfriend, and my daddy and guy friends so much, but there is something so comforting about time spent with other ladies.

In high school I used to think girls were so mean and always in competition with each other, and although my insecure self always still assumes people hate me or think I'm lame, I can see the solidarity between girls so much more than when we were all younger!

Basically what this long ranty blog is trying to get across, is that I am really appreciative for all the love that the ladies in my life give me, and that without knowing it you guys have allll helped me get through a couple of sticky spots in the last couple of years and I'm sending you each a huge hug and a thank you! :)

P.S I know I am being a "Meaghan Mushy" in Stef's words. But this is just how I am feeling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment