Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Info Post
Sometimes I go through phases where I have to remind myself of the good in my life.
This is not one of them.
The good things are so incredibly apparent to me, I'm almost overwhelmed with appreciation for them!
In order to let some of this emotion out I thought I'd write a list! :)

Things that are making me happy:

  • Routine
  • Knowing when my 1st alarm goes off in the morning that I have 2x 9 minutes more to cuddle with Mike before facing the morning.
  • The way people are friendlier really early in the morning.
  • Walking to work at 6am with a coffee, wrapped up in warm morning clothes.
  • Hanging clothes in my closet.
  • The sound of Stef making herself coffee in the morning.
  • When Mike wakes me up smelling fresh from his shower.
  • Sitting on apartment floors with Stef and talking.
  • The way we both felt like we were at a wonderful cottage last night while we unpacked.
  • The feeling that things are finally falling into place.

On that very same note, another bit of happiness in my life these days is all the ideas floating around in my head with regards to my new bedroom!
I've gone and painted the whole thing white, with hopes of accesorising it in such a way that it doesn't fall into the bland category.
With that in mind, I stumbled upon my absolute most favourite e-bay store yet!
The Bella Cottage sells antique looking household stuff that they have entirely remastered to make into the absolute cutest items I have ever seen! Everything in their store is princess inspired from the beautiful bedframes and dressers down to the tutu adorned boudoir chairs, and I want it all!
Unfortunately I can't afford it all, or any of it for that matter (except maybe for the adorable appliques I'm thinking of getting for my upcoming bedroom vanity plans...) so I'm using it to draw inspiration for my attempts at creativity/craftiness.
I'm starting small by adding ribbons to my lampshades, handles to my dresser and maybe working my way up to that curtain/shelf above the bed thing in the pictures below.
All this to say, I'm happy! So happy! I love my new place, my trip is less than 2 months away and I am slowly realizing I'm ready for it! Financially I mean. Which is a huge relief!

Now, amuse yourselves with these pretty pictures which, hopefully you can soon admire in real life in my bedroom!!








Lastly, I found the camera I want to buy for Europe and my upcoming E-bay store ambitions...I've seen a couple on ebay for a decent price, but I don't know much about cameras, so if anyone (Olivia, Libby?) has any tips, please share!!



P.S. Stef and I discovered upon unpacking that we have about 4 fondue sets, a really cute dip chiller and a kit for dipping oils and breads...so, we should use them.
MMMMM fondue night! Cheese, Chinese and Chocolate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment