Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 13, 2008

Info Post

I'm not much of a jewelry person. If I'm going to throw on a piece of jewelry, it's almost always a statement-making item, like a pile of chunky bangle bracelets (I think I've accumulated them from every city in Asia at this point) or extra-long ropes of glossy vintage beads or a funky sixties-style enamel flower pin. I just don't do delicate chain necklaces or elegant bracelets very well, and most of the time I forget to put on jewelry anyway, even if I'd been planning on it.

The one main exception for me is rings. Even the smallest, most delicate ring can pack such a powerful style punch and add that last finishing touch to a great outfit. I tend to keep a small bowl of a few of my favorite rings right near the front door, and try to reach for one whenever I'm coming or going. After recently suffering a few casualties to my collection -- a lost stone here, a cracked band there -- I've been thinking I need to add some new ones, and was thrilled to come across a few great options while clicking around Creature Comforts this morning.

First up, these fabulously quirky nature rings from etsy seller Soop. You can mix and match to make a little scene, or just wear one on its own to add the tiniest touch of color to a fun outfit. $12 each.


Then: Lenore Solmo hammered wood ring, $25. So chunky and natural – pretty much the perfect earthy, understated touch.


And! Kevia tri-color stackable rings, $118 for six. I know that stackable rings are pretty trendy, but these have a non-fussy feel that makes them stylish without being overly precious.


Etsy in particular is brimming with small jewelry designers, and if you have the time to poke around, you can really uncover some treasures. A quick search for "cocktail ring" turned up this glass and wire ring, $36, by CocoBijou. I love the simple yet unexpected shape of the stone and the detail of the multi-wire band.


And so, in summary: Yes, please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment