Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Info Post

We're not really church-goers, but I was happy to use Easter as a reason to get a little dressed up in some bright spring-y finery and head over to IHOP for a plate of pancakes. (Apparently, this was not an original idea. IHOP was packed! So we tried the Silver Diner. Also incredibly packed! Finally, fueled by some delicious Murky Coffee, we ended up with Big Breakfasts at McDonald's. Sad, true, but kind of fun and amusing too. Plus, there is not much that beats a buttery McDonald's biscuit.)

Anyway, I was just happy to have the chance to debut my self-made flower headpiece (fashioned from items found at the Spotlight craft store in Singapore), even if it was mostly to the other patrons at a random Arlington McDonalds. I also sported it all around our post-breakfast exploration of the Courthouse flea market, where it earned lots of compliments from various vendors, one of whom commended me on "bringing back the Easter bonnet."



The headpiece was a bigger hit than the thrifting (I left empty-handed after Mike convinced me that I did not want to pay $7 for an old red Viewmaster, even though I kind of did). I'm already thinking of where I might wear it next. Maybe to the Son Volt show next month? Seems like the perfect opportunity to rock some flowery headgear, quite literally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment