Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Info Post

Toward the conclusion of The Hills' premiere last night, my reaction was something along the lines of: I wasted an hour* of my night on this? {And, to be clear: I never, ever say things like that. I am, after all, a girl who actually owns her own copy of the Britney classic Crossroads and still watches every time it's on TV. Ditto for just about every teen movie ever made, including a slew that star Lindsay Lohan. And also that Mary Kate and Ashley chased-around-NYC-by-Eugene-Levy disaster. Okay, now I'm just embarrassing myself.}

In any case, I was about to call it all an overly contrived wash (well, except for those Crillon Ball debutante dresses; those were incredible) until Lauren leapt off her hairy Paris suitor's trusty Vespa and displayed the back of her coat as they awkwardly hugged goodbye.

And there was a *bow*. And it was **amazing**. And really, it saved the whole hour for me. Of course, I had to immediately break out the digital camera and the Tivo pause feature and try to snap it as best I could so we could gush together.



Plus, did you catch how the coat had such a great swingy shape? Oh no? Well then, it's your lucky day because I stopped my Tivo for that too.


*Well, actually, it was more like two hours wasted, since I also watched the old episodes they showed leading up to the premiere. Plus, I also recorded the Mariah Carey after-performance, which I haven't watched yet but I'm sure I will eventually succumb to, just because Mariah was so ridiculous during the pre-show interviews and I'm kinda curious. And so that's like another 20 minutes of silly fluff on top of everything else. Which is a teensy bit depressing. But, of course, I'll totally watch it again next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment