Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 20, 2008

Info Post

So, what did people end up wearing to last night's Sartorialist event? Lots of cute stuff, actually. (Way to go, D.C.!) I saw some fun chunky heels, and great slouchy boots, and really well-tailored slim men's suits, and some very stylish dresses. Mike and I went by pretty early in the evening – in fact, we got over to 14th street a little bit too early and decided to do some window-shopping around the neighborhood, and kept passing Scott the Sartorialist strolling around himself, which was kind of funny/awkward. Anyway, we popped in to the Adamson, checked out the pics, sipped some wine, met adorable Spinach reader Shola (hi, Shola! so great to meet you!), and headed out as things started to get hot and sweaty in there. The evening ended with a trip to Whole Foods (ommmm… cheese samples) and curling up with a stack of foreign fashion mags sweetly passed along by Johanna. All in all, a nice finish to a yucky rainy day.

Oh, and what did *I* end up wearing? I'm still training my photographer, but I think you can get a pretty good sense of the outfit. (Also, Commander Robot seemed to like it.) Here we have: Amazing patchwork-y dress by Indian designer Zubair Kirmani, a long black cardigan by Calvin Klein, your basic opaque black tights, $3 Salvation Army slouchy brown boots (it was raining… no cuter footwear could be sacrificed) and a wristful of copper bangle bracelets from the night market in Bangkok. Oh, and a vintage khaki trench raincoat for the walk, with my oversized clear umbrella acquired from the drugstore in Tokyo during a sudden rainstorm. Yes, I did insist on carrying it back from Japan with me, no matter how awkward it was to lug a large umbrella along with all of my luggage. Which was, it should be said, quite awkward.

But back to the dress for a moment. It's one of my very favorite pieces ever – it has an incredible amount of detail {which, unfortunately, is a bit covered up by the sweater but it was chilly!} and it makes me feel great every time I wear it. Don't you love those special pieces that make you happy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment