Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, March 21, 2008

Info Post

I recently had to do a work project that had me poring through about 10 leading bridal magazines… which is about 10 bridal magazines more than I'd ever read in my life. I'm not your typical frou-frou kind of wedding gal – I'm more likely to elope to Vegas, with a convertible, and an Elvis impersonator officiant, and a legitimate excuse to buy a gorgeous Prada dress – but even I was sucked in by the perfect prettiness featured in all those magazines.

My absolute favorite was Martha Stewart Weddings, featuring Martha's signature detailed gorgeousness, and I especially loved this dress feature they did for the Winter 2008 issue. Illustrator Mariko Jesse created these simple, stunning line drawings as the backdrops for a selection of dresses and accessories so delicately pretty that you couldn't help but love them, whether you've got a wedding in mind or not.





Of course, my favorite was that big bow-tied neck scarf, an idea that I'm planning on stealing to pair with my favorite 50s-inspired strapless tulle dress for my next big dressy function. Let's have another look, shall we?


{Additional thanks to d.Sharp for some of these images, saving me some serious scanning time.}

0 comments:

Post a Comment