Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Info Post

I recently came to a Major Fashion Milestone. I looked at my closet and not come up with anything I needed. Skinny black pants? Check? Range of well-fitting denim? Summer day wedding ensemble? Slinky black cocktail dress? Dress to wear to Important Meeting in the winter? Summer? Plus shoes/bag/outerwear to go with? Cheeeeeck. It's a good thing too, because I ran out of closet space in my little apartment about three months ago.

On Sunday – the eve of the Official Start of Summer here in the U.S. – I reached another milestone: I gave up my credit card. In a shopper's life, this is kind of a major deal – not the least of which because it completely cuts off those spontaneous, I-can't-believe-I-just-found-this! splurges. But, it's been something I've been thinking about for a while – for starters, the buzz surrounding the "consume less stuff" movement has reached a deafening roar and I couldn't help but start to earnestly listen – and now just seemed like the right time to make a change and really commit to it.

So until Labor Day (at least), we will be working on Responsible, Less Impulsive, Smart Spending. What does this mean for the blog? Not much. Perhaps an emphasis on appreciating and experimenting with what I already own (more outfit shots! Whoooo!). Maybe more exploration of low-cost resources, like thrift stores and secondhand shops. And perhaps some regular updates on my progress and what I've learned during this little experiment. That's probably about it. I just wanted to let you know, in case future posts about Very Cute Shoes were accompanied by some rather loud, frustrated grumbling.

Okay, then. Bring on the savings!

{Photo borrowed from here.}

0 comments:

Post a Comment