Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, May 11, 2008

Info Post
I'm at my parents visiting for the weekend... my parents house is on a pond and yesterday we seemed to have ourselves a little visitor..



The yard is littered with chewed up sticks from our two pups. Those two trees used to be my favorite place to play in the summer time. When the water is lower there are all of these little rocks you can hop across that lead towards a little marshy swamp area. One time after a thunderstorm my mother told me there was a pot of gold outside - I searched for hours and I was convinced that this was the spot I'd find it.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Today my parents went golfing for the afternoon and so I decided to drive to Putnam, Connecticut to wander around for the afternoon. Putnam is a little town in Northern CT ... slightly run-down, and filled with antique stores...... Trouble.



My finds:

I bought this hair clip in a dark dusty shoppe. I felt like it was just a front for weird old magical objects. The floor boards creaked under my feet and there was the strangest light coming from the windows. The owner had a long grey ponytail and the gnarliest finger nails. Long and jagged. He said this was from the 20's or 30's...
I was reading a post from The Vintage Society about trademarks... I don't think I have a trademark, but I think I'd like this little airplane to be it!




I have a slight obsession with strange cat things. Statues, clothing, pillows.. you name it. I hope this isn't a peek into my future.. (crazy cat lady, eek!) but, I do love this little thing - and I'd like to do some re-pro's to maybe sell online at some point. The trick is finding the right fabric...




I also found this lovely little bag that used to be for sewing notions. I like it better as tote bag, the shoelace drawstrings are my favorite part. That little triangle flap goes around the whole bag, and it's made of the softest cotton!




And well, because- I need another vintage umbrella, really. (sarcasm)



I also bought an early 1960's Ouija board for Alice... she's been looking for one for a while now, but - it turns out she bought one... TODAY! what luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment