Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, May 23, 2008

Info Post

I love those moments where you pass a store window, spy something gorgeous and just have to go in. Which is exactly what happened to me last week in Brooklyn while walking by Atlantic Avenue boutique Legacy, where I spotted the hot pink-striped Ivana Helsinki dress above beckoning me through the window.


Ivana Helsinki, a Finnish design company with an emphasis on cool textiles, got a ton of buzz (including from me!) for being totally on top of the Russian nesting doll craze last year. But the spring/summer collection shows plenty more to be in love with: I totally heart the classically simple rugby stripes, tiny details (a ruffle collar, a shirt-tail hem) and the eye-popping colors they're using. Legacy also stocked a great cream dress with this amazingly subtle hearts and guns design woven into the texture. The only problem? The pink-striped dress was something like a budget-busting $400. Boo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment