Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Info Post

I've mentioned in previous posts that I often alter ill-fitting but incredibly cool vintage finds to adjust their proportions and make them look better. My most common alteration is having dresses and skirts hemmed (even a few inches can transform a piece from dowdy-ish to cute!); my second most-common fix is to chop off dresses into cute little tops.

This floral vintage shirt was once a sweet secretary dress that clung to all the wrong places. I had it hemmed to a long shirt length (which is especially great when you have a long torso like me) and now wear it paired with jeans.

It would have been a shame to pass up these great buttons and high neckline. See what I mean?


PS) Last night I had a dream that I met Karl Lagerfeld in his apartment. It was completely surreal. (And of course, in the dream, I took photos and planned to post them like a good blogger. Blogging in my dreams? Even weirder!)

PPS) I've just started contributing some style coverage to Washingtonian.com, and you can see my fashion event picks for this week over here. I'm especially excited about the Listopad shopping brunch at Marvin on Saturday. Sounds like vintage-y fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment