Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Info Post

Ah, yes. Well. Due to some technical difficulties, we are a little behind on this, but we do think our style points are still valid, and so, here you go! Those of you who would prefer a more concise version of our personally selected GG highlights can find exactly that over here.

8:01pm: We start with a frenetic SAT montage. Wait, producers, you're going too fast for me to see the eye candy! Ooooh! Cute vocabulary flash cards alert!

8:02pm: Oversized headband count: 2 (gold with a big bow, basic black)

8:04pm: Headband count: 3 (red with a oversized brooch above the right ear)

8:05pm: Chuck's bright orange coat is slightly overly day-glo. The color works way better on Serena's fingerless gloves.

8:06pm: Headband count: 5 (textured silver, bright yellow)

8:07pm: The triumphant and much-anticipated arrival of Georgina, aka Michelle Trachtenberg! We dig the bold blue scarf, G. (It's not unlike the one the Sartorialist was sporting around D.C. when he was here for his gallery opening. Is a bold blue scarf the new black?)

8:11pm: On even closer inspection, Georgina's makeup is really incredibly flawless.

8:11pm, part 2: Headband count: 6 (skinny this time, with a little purple accent)

8:12pm: Cute boy alert! Cute pug alert!

8:13pm: I love Vanessa, but I've never been a fan of the gold door-knocker earrings. We get it. She's Brooklyn. Let's move on to something fun and cute and significantly subtler.

8:14pm: Well, apparently, big earrings are back for everyone. Georgina's rocking some seriously distracting huge royal blue hoops as well.

8:15pm: Headband count: 8 (purple silk, skinny white patent). Also Blair's humongous polka-dot bow-neck blouse is faaaabulous.

8:18pm: I'm definitely digging Chuck's kelly green and white striped v-neck sweater (and the clashing plaid peeking out from underneath). I guess bright colors are in for boys this spring too.

8:25pm: Chuck is now rocking the bright red! I dig it, Chuck. You go with your colorful self. (Spotted in the background: Super-hot pink tights! Swoon.)

8:26pm: Headband count: 10 (green and black striped with bow)

8:27pm: Headband count: 12 (embellished red, wide black). Also a very cute bright yellow umbrella.

8:28pm: Nice cape, B! We love the plaid lining. But that diamond-pattern sweater? Ew, not so much.

8:29pm: I generally find that electric green a really bad outfit choice, but Vanessa is still managing to look pretty cute in the diner. I particularly like her rosy, flushed-by-flirting cheeks.

8:30pm: Georgina is wearing some seriously fierce heels. Also some less fabulous rubbery-looking leggings. Serena continues to look uncharacteristically uncute. What's up with that blah mint green bead necklace?

8:35pm: Embroidered purple sweater, short leggings and exposed red bra strap, Jenny? Hmmm…. not so much. But the sleek bob you're sporting now is fab.

8:36pm: Headband count: 13, 14 & 15 (goldish, white, black)

8:38pm: I am enjoying Vanessa's shrunken black leather jacket. Plus, she and Nate make a really cute couple. Ooooh! Kissing!

8:39pm: That Michelle Trachtenberg can really rock a smoky eye and a glossy ruby lip. Buffy's little sister is officially all growns up!

8:47pm: If my hair looked as good as Serena's when I rolled out of bed (after being roofied and subsequently partying all night to boot), I'd be a very happy girl.

8:48pm: Nate rocks a cute double-breasted navy blazer! Vanessa rocks… those door-knocker earrings again. Really, we were over them back when they were on Sex and the City. Yes, she's so urban! The point has been made!

8:50pm: Headband count: 16 (knotted hot pink). Boy, those kids really dress up for their SATs. If I recall, I wore my field hockey uniform (we had a game immediately afterwards). Still, I do think my pleated hockey kilt would actually go over well in the Gossip Girl costume department.

8:54pm: I take that back. Blair's neck brooch and buttoned-up blouse is more grandma than groovy. But is that Balenciaga we see? I actually like the cream and white contrasting blazer. An unexpected color combination, but it's kinda cool.

8:55pm: Chuck rocks the vibrant purple cardigan and the daffodil yellow pants. (Wow, they're really going overboard with this new signature look, aren't they?) And also a pastel color-block gingham oxford that I'm pretty sure I owned a similar version of back in 1989.

8:57pm: Oooh. The drama is distracting me from the fashion. I do like Serena's gauzy white scarf, however. I guess they decided that Georgina always wears royal blue.

8:58pm: Cute boy alert again! So far, I like this Asher. Very clean-cut. Plus, he loves hot dogs. How can you fault a guy that loves hot dogs? And actual dogs?

9:00pm: Remember how great "Scenes" clips were at the end of 90210 and Melrose Place? The Gossip Girl editors definitely need to take a cue from that and give us more meat to look forward to. Particularly now that the secretly gay character has been openly revealed in the gossip columns. (Oh, you didn't hear? My lips are sealed, but it's an easy guess.)

9:01pm: Also, can they just kill One Tree Hill already? I don't watch it anymore, but I feel it's suffering a long, painful, ridiculous dramedy death.

0 comments:

Post a Comment