Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, April 27, 2008

Info Post


One of my favorite moments in movie history is the gorgeous Ascot scene from My Fair Lady. Costume designer Cecil Beaton's amazing black and white dresses and oversized, fully plumed hats (plus gray morning suits and silky top hats for the men) come together to create an incredibly drool-worthy fashion moment. (And oh! The perfectly precise choreography! I can't find the whole scene online, but you can get a short glimpse here.)


My love for this scene is probably one of the reasons why I jumped at the chance to join my friends in Nashville for the annual Iroquois Steeplechase in a few weeks. I'm told that large hats and fun race day dresses are encouraged. (And I definitely need some spectator binoculars!) My thrifting eyes are peeled until then. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment