Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 24, 2008

Info Post

I've mentioned I'm not *quite* ready for the Big Apartment Unveil – for starters, it would mean removing the cat-protecting sheets from the couches and keeping Commander Robot distracted long enough so he doesn't immediately roll his overly hairy little body all over them, which just seems kind of exhausting – but there are a few little parts of our place that always make me smile. I do love my Petrie, but sometimes, the tiniest touches end up being the best ones.

Starting with above: Bold matchbox (in a tiny bowl from Spin in Beijing). I picked up a slew of these in Thailand; I love the colors and graphics.

Then we have:
Vintage owl collection!


Old-school telephone (from Mustafa, the legendary 24hour little India department store in Singapore):


A nicely folded pile of vintage floral sheets in the linen closet:


My growing Font-emblazoned Kitchen Collection:


A yellow Melamine full tea set:


And finally: Albert, my robot coat hanger, from the cutest children's shop in Paris.

Albert is entrusted with holding my red quilted vintage housecoat, which is what I wear around the apartment most days. With slippers. Seriously. I'm a few haircurlers and a half-finished cigarette away from being a perfectly retro disgruntled housewife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment