Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Info Post
As Australian Fashion Week draws near, I'm tempted again to lament at the fact that a lot of Australian designers simply copy the bigger international designers and expect us not to notice. I'm sick of it. However, instead of being negative, I decided to try and highlight the work of an amazing and original Australian designer, Marnie Skillings.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that she only graduated in 2000, but it seems like she has always been a part of Australian fashion to me (probably because I was in grade 8 then). Her latest collection absolutely blew me away, in particular this dress.

I really, really, really love this print. This dress isn't the last you see of it either. There a few more dresses, a skirt and a jacket all featuring this perfect print. The whole collection entitled "The Hand of Fete" features really interesting details and lovely berry colours.

Her collections from previous seasons are pretty great too.







The other thing that I really like about Ms. Skillings is that she is such a fantastic ambassador for her own brand. I really love it when designers wear their own designs and rather than thinking lame, they make you see the garment in a new light.

Stockists:

Australia

Capital L, Frockshop and the Joy Stores

Elsewhere

American Rag, Blonde LA

Photo credits: aol.com, vogue.com.au, vogue.com.au, merinoinnovation.com, vogue.com.au and rosreinegossip.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment