Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Info Post

I'm alive! I'm even on the road to recovery. But in the midst of suffering from the cold that everyone-and-her-mother (including my mother) had, all my stuff arrived from Singapore. Have you ever tried to move from a very large apartment into a very teensy tiny apartment? While still keeping everything you own? I do not recommend. I'm looking back on pics of my gloriously large Singapore apartment (above) and dreaming about what it was like to have floor space.

So now life is about unpacking boxes, and my wardrobe is about old t-shirts and sweats and scarves wrapped around my head (no point in looking cute when you're digging around in a pile of cardboard). I've made a few forays into the shopping world out there, but haven't seen much I love, except this fab faux-croc clutch purse at Urban Outfitters. It is just so perfectly gorgeous and fifties and pretty. We are thinking if we say we will reward ourselves with it, we might get through these boxes a little bit faster.

In the meantime, this is a pretty fascinating article about Zara's continued pursuit of faster fashion. It's pretty business-y, but there are a few shopper-info gems. For example, did you know that the clothes with the black plastic hangers are the very newest, hot-off-the-sewing-machine pieces on the floor? (They get shifted over to the wooden hangers eventually.) Also, the company make money by charging more for items overseas: Those of us in the U.S. and elsewhere are paying up to 40 percent more than you guys in Spain. Hmmmmm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment