Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 30, 2009

Info Post

From left to right: Christopher William van Damme, Charles Guislain, Sonny Groo, Aynouk Tan and Jean-Paul Paula.


The minute I woke up, pulled my Macook with me and checked my morning-routine; blogs and Facebook, I had quite some messages and most of them included: Jak and Jil.

Knowing I very much adore Tommy Ton and love his photos, I found this image on his blog. Not knowing that a small ten hours later it would reach over 50 comments, be posted on at least 12 other blogs and so many people would have such a 'honest' opinion to share with the world.


For me, when I look at the photo, it's lovely and very gorgeous. Lovely because I'm in a photo with the people I adore. And gorgeous because it's a photo that represents us at this very moment, who we are and how we look. And I'm sure that by the time I'm 40-ish, I will still smile looking at this photo.

However, for them who share another opinion, or may not understand why we look the way we dress and express ourself. I do hope we push your borders, because things can always be more ridiculous or crazy. The heels for men will be higher and maybe we will try harder to look the exact way we would like to.


I do have to admit, I'm very happy not everyone would dress up as we do. Plus, I do admit, I love the attention during Fashionweek. Eitherway, from being an inspiration to a young boy such as Charles, who will be a huge someone in the future, to be getting complimented by people such as Carine Roitfeld, I hope people will see there's more than black, sunglasses and heels.

Thank you Tommy Ton, for taking this forever-great and awesome photo of us! x



source: jakandjil.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment