Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Info Post
After hearing so much about those color photos put out by the Library of Congress, depicting scenes from the 1930's and 40's, I finally decided to go have a look for myself at the set. They certainly did not disappoint! I never knew such vivid colors even existed in photography that far back! I was going to select some of my favourites and post them here, but instead I think I'll just leave you with the link; if you have not already seen these photos, it's more than worth it to take the time out of your day to do so, whether you were previously interested in the period or not, they are beautifully taken and really do manage to capture some pretty breath taking scenes!

For those of you who have already sifted through the entire set a few times and want some new viewing material...here are some more of the photos I found last night while digging around in old family albums...

My maternal Grandmother's parents and three of her siblings.

This is a picture of the house built, in 1667, by the very first member of our family to come here from France. This picture was taken by my Grandmother in 1985 when she went to visit it. She isn't sure if it's still standing, but I'm hoping to drive out to Ile D'Orleans this summer with my sister to check it out!

These were my Grandmother's parents!

And these were my Grandfather's parents!

And finally, the oldest of all these photos...these are my maternal Grandmother's, maternal Grandparents...so my great, great grandparents!

I love looking at pictures of people from generations past, but sometimes I get so caught up in admiring the way they dressed or wore their hair, I forget that they were real people!
But when the people in the pictures are people I'm related to it makes the reality in the photos stand out a lot more!
Although, I still can't help but envy the Gibson Girl style hair my Great Grandmother is sporting in that third photo!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment