Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 23, 2009

Info Post
I had a bit of a "senior moment" this weekend when I went to put on my new Zip movie, I'll be Seeing You, and realized I had already seen it!
Luckily it is a great film and was not hard to watch through again! Shirley Temple plays the absolute best angsty teenager I've seen, and its a nice change to see Ginger Rogers in a bit of a more serious role!
I was hoping to do a post on how WONDERFUL Shirley Temple's wardrobe is throughout the film, with an emphasis on the absolutely drool worthy black and white striped dress she wears towards the end of the movie...but I'm just not a very ressourceful person when it comes to finding things on the internet...so instead of pictures, I've posted the scene she wears it in...along with the scene from the New Years eve dance when Ginger Rogers' character wears the most fantastic evening gown!
If you haven't watched it, rent it! Or watch it on youtube! It's really an old heart breaker!

DISCLAIMER: if you haven't seen the movie, and you don't want the ending ruined, DON'T watch the first scene...it gives too much away!



On another note, the lady behind Housewifery has inspired me to try and find my own copy of The Nancy Taylor course books! She managed to get her hands on a copy and seems awfully pleased with it's contents! There is a set of scans from the book here, if you want an idea of what's inside. Basically they are textbooks from a very popular finishing school in the states, and they cover just about all the basics of housewivery, and being a lady! I'm sure some of the hair and makeup tips would be wonderful to try! If anyone knows where I can get my hands on one, let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment