Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 16, 2009

Info Post


My mom circa 1975
I haven't given up on the aforementioned post about my Grandmaman, but I won't be able to scan in all her photos until I can make it to her place and borrow her old albums. I think on Wednesday I might make my way over there...in the meantime, I got to wondering about the kinds of things my mom wore when she was young....


Thats my Mom and her first boyfriend, Jacques, and behind them are my grandparents! This was probably taken in the late 60's when she started high school...

That's my mom in the middle with the wonderful 1970's trench coat and super flared, wide leg trousers!

I wound up going through about 25 old family albums my parents have lying around and picking out some of my favourites! As I've mentioned here before, the 60's, 70's and 80's aren't my absolute favourite decades fashion wise, but they do have some very lovely things to offer, some of which, it appears, my Mom sported on the regular!

In this one, my mom is on the right, the girl to the far left is her best friend Colleen and her sister, Rhonda is in the middle...

On a somewhat unrelated note, the reason I even came home to my parents house tonight was to pick up the bin full of dresses I have posted, or will be posting to the store...why?
Because I made my first sale!
I'm not quite sure yet if it's normal that I'm this excited! Can any of you other online sellers remember how you felt after selling your first item?
I've put together a whole package complete with a note and wrapping paper and ribbons!
Am I being too keen?




0 comments:

Post a Comment