Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 15, 2009

Info Post
Yesterday, I mentioned a successful thrifting date with my sister at a local church run, donation bank...here are a few of the wonderful items I scored for pennies!
The blue dress on the left was actually a miraculous find, considering just a few days earlier I had found a picture of my mom on my baptism wearing one just like it but in pink, and told myself it was a style I'd have to be on the lookout for! I never thought I'd find a perfect replica in under a week!
The pink, floral one in the middle was actually one I found at value village in the juniors section on the big 50% off day sale!
And the sort of crocheted, blue, flapper-y dress on the right seems just about perfect for the wedding Mike and I were invited to this July! I can't wait to pair it with the highest of heels, a long string of pears and a little fascinator with some kind of netting on it!
This was the coat I found for 6$! The lady told me that the collar is bison fur, and the big round buttons are covered in fabric just like the one the coat is made of. I'm thinking about trying to sell it since I already have too many coats to even fit in my closet...my collection has taken on a life of its own and I think I need to put a stop to it before it outgrows the amount of room I have to store them!
The white stripey blouse came at the perfect time because today was the first really beautiful spring day we've had in Montreal! I paired it with a denim tulip style skirt my Grandma made me and some white tights and was even able to wear shoes instead of boots! It really did help in lifting my spirits a little! Driving around the city today with Isabel reminded me how lovely Montreal is in the summer, when people gather on terrasses and bike around town to meet friends at park's for picnics!
The bathing suit bottom on the right is from H&M. I saw this bikini featured on someone's blog a while ago and had trouble finding an H&M around here that even sold swimwear...When I saw Kristina sporting the top at Jordan's cottage last weekend I decided it was my mission to find and buy it! And find and buy it I did! Today! I have the top too, I just didn't have enough clothes pins to hang it on the clothes line and didn't feel like digging around to find more!

I'm sure now that the weather is nice I'll have plenty more energy to get out there and take pictures for this blog and it'll get a little bit more interesting than the stressed out, Debbie downer posts you've been reading recently!
Happy Sunday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment