Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 22, 2009

Info Post
I really like reading books out loud. I call them read alouds, and my boyfriend is usually my only audience. Right now we're reading Uncle Wiggly's Adventures and I think it's one of my favorites. There's too many silly characters to count, and they each get their own voice! 

The book chronicles the travels of dear old Uncle Wiggily - a rabbit with one crutch, a big 'ol Mary Poppins-esque satchel and a nasty case of rheumatism. The narrator has a peculiar sense of humor too and touches upon Uncle Wiggily's near death encounters with very, very hungry animals. There's also his meet up with Fido Flip-Flop, the ex-circus poodle dog who does tricks for his supper and turns even the meanest of foxes dizzy at his sight.... Surprise parties hosted by Arabella Chick in her humble chicken coop with games like, "Please don't sit on my hat, and I won't sit on yours." ..And there's other stories I haven't gotten to yet, like those of paper boats, mud pies, and hundreds of ants teaming together to carry a glass of water to Uncle Wiggily. As if this wasn't great enough - the illustrations are strange in the most wonderful way!

GnuBookJP2-11

. . .

GnuBookJP2-12

. . .

GnuBookJP2-13

. . .

GnuBookJP2-14

. . .

GnuBookJP2-10

. . .

GnuBookJP2-9

. . .

Uncle Wiggily Starts Off

. . .


I promise - if you read one, you won't be able to stop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment