Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 30, 2009

Info Post
I am a pack rat. There's no two ways about it, I just love being surrounded in a little rat's nest of junk. I decided I should start documenting things a little better - so here we have the start to a little series showcasing all my 'ol stuff!

. . . S T U F F I N G S . . .


It's the raggly and scraggly humble old friends that people once formed their childhoods around and they steal my heart each and every time! I have them scattered about - sitting on suitcases and hiding in book shelves - I try to keep them spread out as it's best not to lump this collection all together - at 22 you might be mistaken for having pre-cat lady symptoms.

I did however get the the gang together for a family portrait of sorts. It should be the first and last - but there's no promising!

My 'collection' (?)


. . .


I buy most of my stuffings at flea markets and antique stores. I rarely find the nice oldies in thrift stores. I've had the best luck at flea markets but sometimes people ask for outlandish amounts of money - I try not to pay anymore than $5 - but once in a while there are some you don't mind forkin' over a few extra doll hairs for ... I think these two pals were the priciest.. Each alone could be a new pretty dress - but we all have our vices.

new friens


. . .


This little one eyed bandit was a gift - and I think he hails from Western MA and he just might have been the catalyst for the collection...

IMG_0940


. . .


This fancy cat was a gift from the always lovely Rhiannon He's so long and lanky and I really adore his blue bow-tie!

IMG_0946


. . .


Lion Dog was also a gift and comes from one of the most beautiful antique stores I've ever been to in my entire life. His two tone tail is my favorite part!

IMG_0950


. . .


The next few were all found in flea markets and are some of the very best!

IMG_0942

IMG_0982

IMG_0978


. . .


I bought this zebra at the Bizarre Bazaar - I really love zebras, because they're awesome and also because my last name starts with a Z. The lovely girl who makes them lives in Boston and has a wonderful etsy shop. You have no idea how much I want this and this!

IMG_0952


. . .


Sadly, I have more - a lot more - but I'll only share one last one! Alice bought this for me for Christmas. It's a little wind up lion and it's probably the most perfect thing I own. His little red tongue and exposed spring tail is really too perfect!! They're both very dear to my heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment