Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, January 17, 2009

Info Post
I've been slowly acquiring a small collection of 1950s vintage dresses. This latest one is the dress that I got for Christmas. I've spoken before about my love of bird prints and so this dress seemed perfect. It even has their scientific names (which for a nerd like me, is adorable!)

Bird Dress Pattern

I was also fascinated with the colour scheme - on the cream background, is grey, rust brown and... neon pink. But some how it works!

Bird Dress

Grey Shoes

I wasn't really going out, so I attempted to dress it down with some grey men's style brogues, a brown woven belt and a cream button down vest (all thrifted). One day though I want to find a crazy neon pink bed jacket to pair it with.

And I finally got around to taking a picture of my skirt! I think it's from the 50's because of the metal zip, but then again, someone just could have used a vintage zip in their home sewing (I do it all the time). Either way I love it! The material is the best, a great mixture of brown and black (which I can't do half as well as the lovely Lavender and Yolk) and a splash of orange. A great thrifting start to 2009!

1950s Skirt

0 comments:

Post a Comment