Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 16, 2009

Info Post

Do not think I've forgotten you. I have not! But, as I suspected a few weeks back, January is passing me by in a gigantic blur of incredible busyness. Work has really ramped up in the past few weeks, and while the good news is that I'm still totally loving it – the people, the creativity, the running around town to procure random objects for interesting photo shoots – the bad news is that most of the time, I come home at the end of the day and collapse on the couch to a mix of demanding kitties, cheese-based food products and reruns of House.

Oh, right, and did I mention the world's biggest party is about to be underway, practically in my backyard? It's impossible to be in DC and not catch inauguration fever. Despite the masses of tourists, traffic snarls and obscenely frigid temperatures expected to descend this weekend, I'm incredibly excited to have a front-row seat to such a major event. And, okay, also to have a reason to justify a pretty incredible Phillip Lim dress to sport to one of the big balls.

In any case, the blog has been moved to the the metaphorical backseat for just a tiny bit longer. Although if I get to meet Oprah this weekend, I promise you'll be the first to know! (Well, you, and anyone within a 20 foot radius who will probably hear my squeaks to excitement.)

As for the resolutions? I totally fell off the no-credit-card wagon when I spotted this Alkemie large stingray cuff on sale at Farinelli's in Clarendon last week and didn't have any cash on me. (I'd been eyeing it online forever.) Of course, I immediately misplaced my card after buying it — is that a sign or what? — so I've been pretty good ever since. I'm just telling myself that if Oprah compliments me on the cuff, it will so be totally worth it.

PS) In case you hadn't noticed, I've added my twittering to the sidebar there at your left. I'm trying to keep it fashiony, for the most part. Really, it's the least I can do for being such a poor blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment