Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Info Post
This weekend I finally got around to waking up early... which is pretty marvellous for me. And what did I do with this magnificent re-claimed morning? Why I went to the markets!

That being said the markets in my small town aren't that exciting. While there were some fantastic fruit and vegetables about, there is nada in the way of clothing or jewellry that wasn't of the crazy hippy type. Not that that sort of jewellry doesn't have it's place, it's just not what I'm lusting after at the moment. No, the reason why I went was because of the magical, mystical sewing stall. It's the most lovely thing I've ever seen. All it is tables covered with ribbon, lace, buttons, appliques, flowers and fabric but it's definately a reason to get up early.


WR 18.01.09 - Denim + Red

I've never been a huge fan of JayJays (which for non-Aussies is a local denim chain store) simply because I find everything of theirs quite indecent. Shorts are missing inches and the skirts hardly deserve the name. However, I found this denim shirtdress on the old $10 rack and decided to give it a go. Unsurprisingly, I wouldn't have been able to wear it as a dress but I'm hoping it will be quite versatile as a lightweight trench! Now it just has to get colder so I can wear it more!

The brooch is one of those 'too crazy' finds that you buy because you think they are funny. It's a crazy little caricature of a cockatoo which reminds me a little bit of Ken Done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment