Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 20, 2009

Info Post
Photobucket
With school having started, Summer officially ending this week and cold weather in our not-so-distant futures, Mike and I thought this weekend should be spent doing as much fun outdoorsy stuff as possible before it's too late!
Lucky for us, it just so happened to be one of the nicest weekends we've had here weather-wise, and a bunch of our friends just so happened to have invited us to a slew of bonfires, cottages and barbecues! Usually we're such hermits we opt for staying home and watching nerdy sci-fi TV show marathons, or just walking around our parents home-towns with Lola. This weekend we decided to act our age for once and we dove head first into all sorts of fun - and boy oh boy am I ever glad we did!
Photobucket
Friday night we stayed up all night talking to old high school friends of mine around a bonfire at my friend Liane's family's farm! She gave us a personalized tour of the farm and even let us hold her chickens! (Those photos are on Mike's phone, but I'll upload them to my Flickr eventually!)
Saturday afternoon, one of my very best pals, Ashley's baby boy turned one and we rang it in right with a big barbecue and gifts and balloons and lots of Curious George loot!
Finally Saturday night we set off to Melbourne County in the Eastern Townships to spend the rest of our weekend with my friend Vanessa at Green Acres - her boyfriend's family ranch!
Well, if campfires and s'mores and golden retrievers and friends aren't enough to make a gal like me giddy, then ponies, fish ponds, horseback riding and rolls of hay are!
Everett's family are really the greatest and I can't thank them enough for inviting us up to their huge 40 acre property for a day of absolutely perfect end of Summer fun! Honestly though, no matter how much I love this upcoming Fall and Holiday season, there really is something so sad about Summer ending isn't there?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment