Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 20, 2009

Info Post
Do you ever find yourself in a place ... a store, a restaurant, a sweet shop, heck even a bowling alley and feel just overwhelmingly happy it exists? I feel that way about a lot of places on the East Coast and that is exactly how I felt when we went to visit the Perish Trust.

Before we even stepped in the door I was taken aback by how beautiful their window display was. If there's one deal maker or breaker about a store - it's their window display. And I was immediately in awe of every single tiny detail. Amazing weathered wood. Beautiful glass. A mermaid/anchor duo. And that dang chair.

The Perish Trust

The Perish Trust

The Perish Trust

The Perish Trust

The Perish Trust


Even after stepping just a few toes through the door I knew I was in for it. So many magical items rescued and restored back to a working state. The forgotten literary, meticulous engineer, wayward seaman - all so perfectly placed under, around, and next to one another. ....Ah! If only I could be like one of those cute little mice in that forgotten children's show Today's Special.

The Perish Trust

The Perish Trust

The Perish Trust


... AND they have the best twine collection I've ever seen. In my life.

The Perish Trust


It's shop like these that make me appreciate living in San Francisco. It's nice to e able to pop in whenever I want and be a part of that beautiful world for an afternoon.

If you live here, or you're visiting - here are a few things to remember:
1. Plan ahead. They keep somewhat wonky hours which are posted on their website - but it seems like they might change depending on the week and their availability. So, be sure and make sure they're open before you go!

The Perish Trust


2. DO NOT leave without a box of the sea salted chocolate caramels. Seriously. I'm not joking. They. Are. Amazing.

The Perish Trust


3. That's all really... but let me just stress again how important it is to bring home a box of caramels!! For real, this is no joke!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment