Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Info Post
Tomorrow is the first day of October. That means that the next four weeks hold promises of firey red leaves covering the ground, matching scarf and glove sets, little lace up granny boots, big wooly socks, cups of apple cinnamon tea, frazzled-all-night-study-session hair and far too many baked good to be healthy!
Things are cooling down around Montreal, and I couldn't be more excited about it! And while my (still unemployed) bank account is not letting me enjoy Fall shopping as much as I'm used to, I can still imaginary shop! Isn't that the best part of online shopping afterall? So I've compiled for you here a little list of my current Etsy wishlist. I think I could probably post 72 more just like it, but maybe I'll make it a weekly feature or something instead (how many times have I said that before?)...We'll see! Without further ado - my Autumn 2009 Etsy Wishlist ladies!

Photobucket
Vintage Sailor jacket from here; Black platform Sandals from here

I am imagining this little number with a black dress and some knee high socks!
Probably not the most practical of fall outfits, but practicality never did play a big role in my imaginary shopping sprees.


Photobucket
black velvet wedges from here; sparkly sandals from here; dreamy white dress from here

This little dress with a pair of my dream tights (white with little black polka dots) and those black velvet wedges actually hurts my heart a little bit it's so perfect. I think it's fairly obvious the outfit is inspired by yesterday's Lula post...none the less, it would be just as cute - I think - with some black opaque tights and those dreamy silver sparkly sandals - once again, I don't like practicality when it comes to my imagination...


Photobucket
paisley print mini tent dress from here; vintage riding boots from here

Ahhh there is the practical side of my brain! This paisley print mini tent dress would, imho be just about perfect paired with some tights, cozy knee highs and these vintage rubber riding boots! And maybe a little brown hat...I'm thinking sort of Edge of Love inspired...something perfect for trekking out into the woods for a picnic type of thing...

Photobucket
perfect dress from here; perfect granny boots from here

And while we're at it, I might as well end on a practical note! This perfect, perfect dress was one I was actually contemplating buying for real, but then it slipped out of sight just before I had the money in my paypal! I think it would be just dreamy with some sort of sheerish black tights and those wonderful wonderful lace up granny boots, which also sold just before I had a chance to snatch 'em up! Sigh, I gotta be quicker on my game! Of course the girl in the dress also makes me want to go drastic and dye my hair brown for the Fall. Do you think it would make me look more studious?? I'm always too chicken to do daring things like drastic hair color changes...

Photobucket

On a whole other note entirely...I received a super, duper flattering award from Maria at LuluLetty just the other day! I think the thing that got me smiling the most about it, was that she tagged me along side a very special lady who happens to be quickly growing on me as a close lifelong pal! I am so, so honored to be tagged with you sweet Quincy! And thank you Maria for choosing me! You're super duper sweet and I love, love, love your blog!

Here are the rules:
1. You have to post a song that makes you happy.
2. You can tag as many people as you want, there is no limit.
3. Say at least one thing about each blog you tag, that will make them smile, something nice about their blog that makes you smile when you read it!

1. I only discovered this song recently, but I can't listen to it without shimmying my shoulders and mouthing the words with a big goofy grin on my face. I even got Mike hooked on it! Thanks Pee Wee King! *smile smile smile smile*



2. I will keep with the trend of tagging two bloggers, since that seems to be the direction Maria and Quincy have both taken...and I'm going to tag Reilly from Cici Speaks and Alice Pleasance from The Cupcake Diary. Although if anyone else feels like doing this - it's actually kind of fun choosing a song that makes you smile - then please feel free!

3. Reilly's blog is one I only discovered recently, but quickly became completely addicted to! This girl is teeming with creativity and talent and I guarantee if you haven't started reading her blog yet, that one little visit to it will convince you to follow! She also has an Etsy shop worth keeping your eye on, because her eye for great vintage is up there with the best of 'em!

Alice's blog I've been reading for quite a while and aside from her wonderful wardrobe and sweet, sweet self, she's also incredibly talented! She recently started making the most wonderful hats and hair accessories that she is selling on Etsy and you should definitely make a point of checking it out! They could make absolutely lovely gifts for the holidays!!!

Tonight I'm going to be attending my very first fashion show ever in my little life!! I'm nervous and excited and anxious and jittery and all those things that cool people aren't before a fashion show I'm sure! But it doesn't matter, and I'm sure you'll all be hearing about it soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment