Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Info Post
Photobucket

This Film in History class I'm taking really is too good to be true. We just got into talking about the production code, so our teacher is showing us all these pre code films to emphasize how big a difference it made. Well yesterday we watched two really great films, both directed by Mervyn LeRoy just before the code was put into effect.

Photobucket
The first was a stressful movie about a falsely accused criminal sentenced to ten years work in a Georgia chain gang. He eventually escapes and the whole thing is incredibly action packed. The second is one I have seen, if not too many times before, but never get tired of; Gold Digger of 1933. It's everything a Busby Berkely film should be and is made that much more exciting by the fact that Joan Blondell, Ruby Keeler and Ginger Rogers all dance around singing!
I literally walked away from my class with a skip in my step and I think I may have caught myself once or twice pretending to bury my face into a big fur collar as I hummed "Forgotten Man" to myself. I'm going to be so sad when this class is over. I've already convinced Mike to come with me to visual media ressources center at our school so we can view all of the old films my teacher has on reserve there!
Photobucket
Why oh Why can't all classes be this good?

0 comments:

Post a Comment