Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Info Post
If you are tired of your old shoes but don't want to throw them away because they fit great or are really comfortable, this is a great way to start liking them again.

I was about to throw away these shoes because they remind me of cardboard and I barely ever wear flats apart from sneakers. However, I wanted to try to make them more like-able before I sent them off so I decided to paint them and use them as slippers.



I was inspired by Swedish kurbits-painting because it's really pretty, simple and traditionally painted on shoes (well, clogs) in Sweden.


I used acrylic paint because I didn't really have any other paint. Acrylic paint isn't really the best paint for shoes since it will go away in rain, but it's easy to use and since the shoes I painted are slippers rather than shoes I use outside I figured that the acrylic paint would be good enough.


The texture of the shoes I used was very hard to paint because it had lots of crinkles in them. So in order to make the painting stand out, I used a gold pen for some outlines and details



I made these shoes really quickly since it was more of an experiment, but the result looked really nice compared to what the shoes looked like in the beginning. If you take your time with a pair of nicer shoes I'm sure it will look gorgeous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment