Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, February 15, 2009

Info Post

My day started off wonderfully on Friday when the weather was finally good enough for me to walk home from work! I took my favourite route, walking along Notre Dame street to peer into the windows of all the lovely antique shops. I even made a stop at my favourite, E.R.A. to say hi to the owner, Elaine, who roped me in with her lovely stuff again. I ended up spending more than my budget for a lovely spring coat with the most wonderful clear flower buttons and an absolutely dreamy black fur collar!!! Since I had nothing to do until later and nobody was at my apartment, I stopped in at a cafe I'd been meaning to try for a cafe au lait and some magazine reading!!! It was the most lovely Friday afternoon I've spent in ages!
Mike and I worked very hard this weekend to create a perfect balance of spooky and romantic!Mike tempting William with a candle-roasted marshmallow...

The roasting process...which was strange and chemically tasting....

My attempt at looking witch like...
dress: vintage
tights; love colour tights
shoes; aldo
headband; forever 21

Mike feeding a martini to my new mink collar...I freaked out a little bit when I actually saw its little feet...

Though our plans for a midnight picnic in a cemetery with candles was foiled by cold weather, our indoor picnic with marshmallows and candles worked out very nicely! That is until I got just a tiny bit too spooked by the horror movie we were watching and made Mike turn all the lights on in the house and inspect it for ghosts or serial killers.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and although Mike isn't big on the holiday, his thoughtful offering of Hot Cross buns (my favourite dessert, which unfortunately only comes out once a year around Easter) and mini eggs with an absolutely adorable vintage Valentine card was romance enough for me!
I spent my afternoon with Stef in my bed reading blogs, drinking tea and making Herbert for Mike!
Herbert
This little teddy bear is made out of an old pillow case and I sewed him by hand because I still havn't figured out how to thread Stef's sewing machine! I'm pretty proud of him even if he does look pretty silly....
After our small gift exchange, my Mom and Grandmaman came to pick us up and bring us to Mike's mom's show! She's in the most wonderful musical ensemble who put together these wonderful medleys once a year and it was more than enjoyable! Mike took me out for a dirty martini at The Burgundy Lion afterwards where they happened to be playing a series of songs by the Cure!
The absolutely lovely coat I bought from ERA and my new Forever 21 skirt

Happy to be reunited, Stef, Lola, William (under the table) and I

When we got home, Stef and William joined us and Lola was waiting for me (she's been staying at my parents house because of the exterminator and all that)!!!

It was one of the greatest Valentine's days I've had in a long time! Surrounded by people I adore with no expectations and tons of love!

I hope all of your days were just as special!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment