Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, February 20, 2009

Info Post


Spring has never been one of my favourite seasons. Although I understand the reasons people have for loving it, to me it implies wet, slushy streets, bad smells, allergies and awkward-in-between-warm-and-cold weather. Don't get me wrong, shedding a few layers is as motivating to me as anyone else, I would rather just skip spring all together and get an extra month or two of summer in there!
Maybe in other places Spring is more enjoyable, or maybe I'm just so filled with bitterness for winter, it takes me those one or two spring months to actually get over that anger!



Either way, if it were up to me, our year would be a constant rotation of Summer, Fall (and maybe a short snowy period for the White Christmas effect)...
Fall has to be my favourite season of all, so it's hard not to get excited looking at all the runway stuff that's out already! I've barely finished putting together my Spring and Summer wardrobe and already the idea of darker fall colors and structured sweater and pant looks have got my heart all a flutter!

I realize this is so premature, since Montreal hasn't even given us a chance to get excited for Spring fashions yet! But maybe I'll try to find some thrifted or vintage versions of some of my favourite runway looks right now! If I can manage to recreate them using lighter fabrics or Spring time pastels, it might make it more exciting to dress up in the morning, rather than layering on the same sweaters and skirts and doubled up tights I wind up putting on every morning!

I'm sure lots of other places are in the same situation...how do you guys cope with being stuck in winter when all the window displays are filled with light, Spring clothes?

Also, I want to get my hair to look like this!! Someone tell me how!

0 comments:

Post a Comment