Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Info Post
Milan - London - Paris: I'm back from an incredible trip that I will look back on as an older lady and think, 'wasn't my life wonderful?'. The overall theme was basically indulgence: eating, drinking and spending far too much money. Here are some Parisian highlights - London and Milan to come later.
1. Comptoir de l'Image, an amazing little store in the Marais overflowing with vintage magazines and fashion books.
2. Buying shoes in Repetto, but especially the adorable little girl who was at the barre trying on a pair of pointe slippers.
3. The crazy architecture of the Centre Pompidou, and the exhibition that focused on contemporary female artists.
4. I may have proclaimed once that I didn't like macaroons - Pierre Herme's are the exception. Absolutely delicious and light as air. Chocolate and passion fruit, yum.
5. My hotel was across the road from the cutest little store called Au Petit Bonheur La Chance, in which I could have spent hours going through all the vintage stationery, jars, tins, crockery, linen, stamps, cards, colouring books and so much more.
6. Laduree Le Bar - f*ck the queue of tourists lining up to buy their box of macaroons out the front; head to the back of the Champs Elysee store and sit at the bar. It's like walking into a fairytale land with butterflies and branches creeping up the glowing stained glass walls - I went twice. Glass of champagne, a 'plaisirs sucrés': heaven is a place on earth.
7. Merci - a secondhand bookstore and cafe, new and vintage fashion, furniture, Annick Goutal perfume laboratory and lots of other cute bits and pieces - plus the profits (minus costs and salaries) go to charity. Natalie would love this store.
 
I'm terrible at taking photos so some of these are pictures I've 'sourced' from elsewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment