Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, June 18, 2010

Info Post


I was a horrible blogger on my trip to Boston and didn't take nearly enough pictures of all the wonderful things we did! I was so excited to have Mike back, and to reunite with my friends Libby and Allie in Boston that I completely forgot to take out my camera! On my last day though I did get some pictures of Mike and Allie and I at the Arboretum, which really was one of the highlights of the whole trip! Not to say it didn't have competition though! The trip was mostly highlights really. And it ended on the most wonderful note as I got to spend the afternoon with Josie and Josh and Elisa who I had had the pleasure of meeting the night before at Tory Row for drinks and veggie burgers!

Other moments worth honorary mention:
  • Breakfast with Libby at a restaurant that I can't remember the name of for the life of me (Zeigfeids, Zigfried, Zedgeits? Ugh I don't remember), but banana-stuffed french toast......mmmmm!
  • A Wednesday night dance party involving a super mix which included the likes of T-Rex, The Animals, Pulp AND David Bowie!
  • A Daria marathon on Allie's comfiest of comfy couches
  • Walking part of the freedom trail with our newfound Australian pals and exploring parts of Boston we hadn't discovered, as well as seeing some pretty neat old cemeteries!
  • Discovering Jamaica Plains and all the pretty little vintage shops on South Street, buying baked doggy treats for Lola and two new vintage dresses for me (and a third from the famous Bobby from Boston!) as well as delicious take out mexican food!


Allie and Libby were fantastic tour guides, taking us to all their favourite spots. We explored the South End which was an absolute dream to walk around, and the North End and Jamaica Plains and then a little of Cambridge as well, though mostly for ice cream and drinking! The whole trip couldn't have been better, and I'm so glad that I finally made the effort to go. It's right next door and I never end up making the drive over! Hopefully I can go back again soon and explore the area even more!



One of the reasons for the trip, among a long standing love for the city, was that Josie and Josh would be there, and boy were they a lot of fun! They couldn't have been any sweeter or fun to be around, and their Australian accents were really great to listen to (I finally figured out who says to-mah-to!). We had a great time exploring and swapping travel stories and comparing Canadian and Australian culture, which is strangely similar! They're really fantastic people and it was a pleasure to spend time with them (you too Elisa!) I can't wait to follow the rest of their world tour!




***Disclaimer***
I am really tired, and just finished work and I'm sitting in a pretty loud cafe right now, so you'll have to excuse any spelling or sentence structure mistakes...I'll probably re-read this in a few days and hate it and re write parts of it....but in the mean time, sorry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment