Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, June 18, 2010

Info Post


"I reject wholeheartedly the way we are taught to perceive women. The beauty of women, how a woman should act or behave. Women are strong and fragile. Women are beautiful and ugly. We are soft spoken and loud, all at once."

A lot of the time Lady Gaga sounds as if she's spouting nonsense, but I do like her comment above. It's from ShowStudio's recent In Camera session with her, a really good 2-hour interview where she's asked questions from fans and friends like her stylist Nicola Formichetti, designer Hedi Slimane and artist Marina Abramovic. Her comment reminds me of the Robyn song Who's That Girl, which I really like. "Good girls are pretty like all the time, I'm just pretty some of the time / Good girls are sexy like everyday, I'm only sexy when I say it's okay." You know: I am woman, hear me roar...or whisper softly, depending on my mood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment