Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Info Post
I uploaded these at the same time as the pictures from the Wayside, but completely forgot we had even taken them until today! These are also from Concord, MA, but from Louisa May Alcott's actual house, instead of the one she lived in later on with a bunch of other authors. The house is really woodsy and looks like it could easily be haunted, but it also looks just like the one where the March sisters lived, which greatly reduces its creepiness!
Looking through these made me pick up my copy of Little Women to read it again, and while I was unpacking my boxes I found my dvd of the Katherine Hepburn version of the movie, so I watched it. It reminded me of Christmas, and somehow made me excited for it, even though I couldn't be happier its officially Summer!
I've only got a couple more months to fit as much reading as I possibly can in before I start school and my book choices are dictated to me! Do any of you have any suggestions for good Summer reads? I'm half way through Leonard Cohen's second novel, which is really pretty to read, although slightly more artsy than I'm used to. I think I'd like to read more slow moving old-American novels like "Oh Pioneers!" and "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter". Feel free to comment your suggestions to me!
We're still unpacking boxes and getting things set up, and there are still some renovations to be done in the basement, but my new neighborhood is perfect for Summer, and as soon as Mike gets back will be full of blogphoto opportunities! Plus I'm right around the corner from one of my favourite vintage shops, the one where I got my accordion! (Which is coming along I might add! - Jessica, Rhiannon get your instruments ready!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment