Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Info Post
A few weeks ago I stumbled across a set of rubber circus stamps on ebay and somehow I was the only bidder? They finally came last week and I think they're just lovely!

Circus Printing Set


I'm thinking of ways to translate these stamps into pretty embroideries to hang about the house so that I can share my animal stamps with other folks and not just hoard them for myself ... but right now I'm up to my ears in vintage dresses and so embroidered stamp animals will have to wait!

Testing


Speaking of those dresses - I had a really great haul from this past weekend's flea and this is one I'm keeping for myself:







40's rayon Larry Aldrich with this crazy fully attached hot air balloon type cape thing in the back and an amaaaazing print! It reminds me of the vibrant flowers in the middle of the dark forest in the 1951 version of Alice in Wonderland ... as for the newest version. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'Il have to see it again to truly decide. If you haven't seen it yet - you should stop reading now, I think it's best to go into the theater with an open mind!

I have to say, it was better then I thought it was going to be ... there's a lot that I liked about it and I think they handled telling the sequel's story nicely... But I left the theater feeling absolutely nothing - isn't it the type of movie that should make you leave feeling excited and giddy? I think I had more feeling in me leaving Sherlock Holmes then I did Alice in Wonderland... There weren't enough scenes of Alice wandering about Underland, too much time at the Red Queen's castle. And maybe too much CGI, especially that awfully cheesy Johnny Depp/Ali McBeal dancing baby-esque scene at the end.. It also seemed like there wasn't as much 3d going on as there could have been. Man, I really wanted smoke rings to pop out of that screen... Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, I will stop with my rambles and get back to my old dresses. Expect a blog post from me later on, in the mean time - if you're curious, you should take a peek at my flickr!

0 comments:

Post a Comment