Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 22, 2010

Info Post
lounge

Here I am lounging comfortably (surprise!) with one of our vintage girly mags (for the articles, naturally). I found the edwardian onepiece a few weeks ago and have successfully torn the rear in multiple places after wearing it for three days in a row (am making end of day repairs). I don't deserve vintage clothing. (On the same day I stained a favourite pink silk dress with taco oils all over the skirt - had earlier intended to sell on ebay but dress and tacos have determined otherwise.)

I thought I'd bring you on a small tour of our present home! I realize the only room missing is the bedroom which I can describe as A Very Large Bed, some poodle portraits, a scattering of hat boxes and a ginormous antique dresser cluttered with jewels, hats, glasses, Landon's bow-ties and night snacks.

embroidery

A collection of embroidered goodies we've found - I've been trying (rather unsuccessfully, though I wont give up!) to make some pretty embroidered goods. Can you spot my handiwork? hehe

delicates drawer

Always on the hunt for vintage undergarments to stuff my drawer full. Drawer is overflowing with "the good colour" (Wray knows all about the good colour.)

the glorious hutch

This hutch was a thanksgiving day miracle! We found it outside of our apartment with a "free" sign and the sun shining like fingers from heaven on it. It was exactly what I had been wishing for. It's a bit dodgy in construction though and I've had dreams of it tumbling over and all our little buddies smashing to bits.

updated livingroom!

We often wonder what a stranger would think should they stumble into our abode - does a twelve year old girl or a grandma live here? Or both? Where are their cats?

DOLL

This mannequin took a roadtrip from Arizona to Vancouver with us and then from Vancouver to Los Angeles and finally from Los Angeles to New York. She was a gift to Landon from his best friend and will follow us forever. (We regularly swap her hats.) The one-antlered deer was a present from our beloved summer house-guests before they flew home.

friends

A chair covered with Landon's great-grandmother's furs and my great-grandmothers doll (and a few we've picked up along our flea market travels). One of the things I miss most about Los Angeles (the thing I miss most after friends and cheeseburgers) are the flea markets and antique malls. New York may have flea markets but the prices lead me to believe that no fleas have ever made a cozy home in these collections. You lucky friends living in LA, visit the PCC flea market cat lady for me please (on the second floor I believe, surrounded by kitty and horse paraphernalia). She is my future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment