Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 18, 2010

Info Post
My current obsession is weddings. Not like I'm looking forward to getting married, absolutely not. What I like about Weddings is the melancholy of creating a kind of fairy tale about you. I always think it's a bit sad to see people getting married. Dressed up like kings and queens for a day, only to go back to a normal and daily struggle the next. I especially think it's sad to see old wedding pictures of serious young people, terrified of what comes next. Perhaps "sad" isn't the right word, but there really is a melancholy about weddings that fascinates me. When I read Art history, we had a course in photography in which we discussed photography as being used for rituals. The wedding picture is definitely a ritual. It's like a proof of the marriage and everyone has them. I could google wedding pictures for days, I love them! They tell so much about the people in them



1. Audrey Hepburn's Wedding 2. Vintage wedding picture


1920's Wedding picture


My grandparents wedding picture and my parents Wedding picture

0 comments:

Post a Comment