Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, January 11, 2010

Info Post
The start of the new year has been mostly quiet - cooking more then I did in 2008 and watching more movies than 2008 and 2009 combined. Besides that I've mostly been busy hand washing dresses, little mendings here and there and well the general workings of 1 3 8 5. My boyfriend showed me how to add a little twitter badge to my side bar that will be very helpful for finding out about shop updates! and there's also a link to add shop updates to your RSS Readers! Next order of business, making an icon for my blog that shows up instead of the blogger one by the url bar!

. . .

Here's a not so exciting look into a typical day in the life of:

step into my office

Clothes, coffee, computer, and the stupid curtains I have to yank back to get enough light in here to take pictures.

. . .

That dress I'm wearing is a really nice old cotton slip I found at the flea a few weeks ago. I've been really drawn to dressing in brown, black, and cream. It's now at that point in the year when I look to old Lyell collections and street style photos of their pretty shop girls for inspiration.

1.07.10

. . .

I've also noticed most of my home item purchases have been some sort of floral pattern. Add this 1940s garden box to the pile...

best box

40s floral box

. . .

An army of white slips from my grandmother's attic. I fished these out of a huge box of slips and pajamas last time I was there. I finally just got them a few weeks ago as my mum so kindly washed them for me and sent them away in another box filled with my forgotten treasures. There's one cotton/eyelet slip in particular that I really love.

slips

. . .

That box from my mum included these pillow cases! I have a few weaknesses, well maybe more than a few. But old pillow cases are definitely one of them!

cases

cases

cases

. . .

I'm trying to get better at picking up after myself. I'm notorious for leaving a trail of things around, everywhere I go. Sometimes the little trails are nice, like this one. Most of the time they're just lazy, sloppy things. I was doing so well last week but the apartment has since fallen back into chaos!

the things i leave around


There's more work to be done today and tomorrow for a shop update with dresses/blouses! And then Alice is getting in for an entire week on Wednesday! The two of us are running off to Northern lands come Friday and I'm so, so, so, so, so, so excited I can't even begin to explain!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment